Logo of National Resource Center on AD/HD
Home · Register · NRC Library    in Spanish
Ask a Question About AD/HD
Frequently Asked Questions

Can you help me find a summer camp for my child?

Find us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter HelpForADHD on YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Our health information specialists are here to help. Contact us at 800-233-4050 or online.

There are several resources you can use to locate summer camps designed especially for children with ADHD.  These resources may be accessed either on the Internet or by telephone.  They include:

  1. The American Camp Association (ACA): This is an organization camping professionals with an online searchable database.  Click on "Find a Camp" from their homepage to access their database of over 2,000 camps nationwide.  You can search by many criteria, including special need, location, and cost.  You can also call ACA at 1-800-428-2267.

  2. Mysummercamps: Mysummercamps.com is a comprehensive directory of summer camp programs for children and teens. To locate specialty summer camps that cater to the needs of children with ADHD and related disorders, scroll down and click on "Special Needs Camps."

  3. Some summer camps may also be listed in the new 
    CHADD Professional Directory. Select the "Advanced Search" option, scroll down to the "By Service" category and then select "Camp" from the drop-down menu to view listed summer camps. 

  4. See the list of Eligible Camps participating in CHADD's Summer Camp Award Program.

  5. Camp Depot: This is a directory of summer camps with a searchable database. To find a camp, click "Search Camps"at the upper left corner and select "Category Search" on the following page. Camps for ADHD are listed in the "Special Needs" category.

  6. Camp Channel: Camp Channel has been sharing camp listing since 1995. To find a camp for a child or teen with ADHD, click "Find a Camp" from the menu at the left side, and on the following page type "ADHD" into the Keyword search.

Updated: June, 2014
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Executive Function?
Can you help me find a doctor or mental health professional?
Is there a simple test to diagnose ADHD?
What is Section 504?
If I request an evaluation, doesn't the school have to do it?
The school says my child has ADHD; now what do I do?
The school says my child needs Ritalin; where do I get it?
My child has been diagnosed with ADHD; isn't he automatically qualified for Section 504 services?
What is FAPE under IDEA?
What is FAPE under 504?
What is the difference between Section 504 and IDEA?
My child has ADHD but doesn't qualify for an IEP; can he still qualify under Section 504?
Can someone with ADHD join the military?
I need information on ADD, not ADHD! Do you have any information on ADD?
I've heard of auditory processing disorder (APD.) Could my child have that instead of ADHD?
Are Charter Schools required to follow IDEA?
Does my child need to be physically disabled to get services?
Is it safe for a woman with ADHD to take stimulant medication when she is pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant?
I'm an adult; doesn't ADHD only affect children?
What is LRE?
Is it illegal to carry ADHD medications?
If my child has an IEP or gets special education, does she have to be in a different classroom?
My child started taking medication and has developed tics. What do I do?
My daughter wants to play college basketball. Will NCAA rules force her to stop taking her ADHD medication?
My child is very bright. He can't have ADHD, too, can he?
Are children who take stimulant medications more likely to abuse drugs or alcohol later in life?
Now that the holidays are over, how do I get things back to normal?
I get really stressed over the holidays. Do you have any suggestions to help me cope?
Obesity and ADHD: What's the connection?
Smoking and ADHD: What's the connection?
My child goes to a private (non-public) school. Do I have a right to see my child's educational records?
Marijuana is now legal in some areas of the U.S. What is the impact of taking marijuana for the teenager or young adult with ADHD?
My child was just diagnosed with ADHD.
Is she eligible for SSI?
My child has been diagnosed with ADHD and I believe she may be eligible for SSI.
What do I need to do to apply?
I've been told that an educational advocate could assist me at my child's IEP meeting. What is an educational advocate and how can I find one?
My daughter has ADHD and is a junior in college. There is a course requirement she must meet to graduate and so far she's failed the course three times. Is there any way she can get a waiver for this requirement so she can graduate?
Will my child's Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Section 504 plan transfer if he changes schools?
View all Frequently Asked Questions

Ask a question about AD/HD

Print Page · Email Page · About Us · Contact Us
Terms of Use · Privacy Policy · Site Map