Can you help me find a summer camp for my child?
Can't find what you're looking for? Our health information specialists are here to help. Contact us at 800-233-4050 or online.
There are several resources you can use to locate summer camps designed especially for children with AD/HD. These resources may be accessed either on the Internet or by telephone. They include:
- The American Camp Association: This is an organization camping professionals with an online searchable database. Click on "Find a Camp" from their homepage to access their database of over 2,000 camps nationwide. You can search by many criteria, including special need, location, and cost. You can also call ACA at 1-800-428-2267.
- www.mysummercamps.com: Mysummercamps.com is a comprehensive directory of summer camp programs for children and teens. To locate specialty summer camps that cater to the needs of children with ADHD and related disorders, scroll down and click on "Special Needs Camps."
- www.campsearch.com: This online resource is designed specifically to locate a camp, based on various criteria. You may begin your search under "Specialty Camps," then select the criteria that fit your needs.
- The Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA): The LDA produces a directory of "Summer Camps for Children with Learning Disabilities." This directory may be purchased for $4 and may be ordered by calling the LDA in Pittsburgh, PA at 412-341-1515.
- Some summer camps may also be listed in the new CHADD Professional Directory. Select the "Advanced Search" option, scroll down to the "By Service" category and then select "Camp" from the drop-down menu to view listed summer camps.
- See the list of Eligible Camps participating in CHADD's Summer Camp Award Program.