Can you help me find a doctor or mental health professional?
Can't find what you're looking for? Our health information specialists are here to help. Contact us at 800-233-4050 or online.
Yes. As a matter of policy, CHADD and the National Resource Center on ADHD do not provide formal referrals to individual professionals for the purpose of evaluation, diagnosis, or treatment of individuals with ADHD. However, we can offer several helpful suggestions:
- CHADD Professional Directory**
- Your Primary Care Physician may be able either to make the diagnosis, or refer to another clinician with more experience in diagnosing and treating ADHD
- CHADD members in your CHADD Local Chapter can sometimes be good resources and may be willing to share their experiences with professionals in your local community.
- Hospital and University ADHD Centers can be a resource for a variety of services, including ADHD evaluations, referrals to local practitioners, and information on participating in current research projects.
- Your Insurance Company can provide a list of clinicians with particular expertise who participate in your insurance plan.
- Professional Associations will sometimes offer referrals or provide directories. You may wish to contact:
- Psychology Today provides a comprehensive and easily searchable directory of mental health professionals, therapy groups and treatment centers.
- The U.S. Center for Mental Health Services maintains a directory of mental health services and resources in each state; 800-789-2647.
If you cannot afford services or do not have health insurance, please read the sections on Public Insurance and Public Benefits Programs, or contact your state department of health or mental health to locate a community mental health center near you.**CHADD and the National Resource Center do not endorse or represent products, services, publications, medications or treatments, including those listed or advertised in the Directory of Professionals, Services & Products. Placement of a Directory listing or advertisement on the CHADD Web site does not represent an endorsement by CHADD or the NRC, nor does it represent any testimony by CHADD or the NRC as to the quality of the products/services listed or advertised and the validity of the claims made in the listing/advertisement.